INFORM researchers participated in the 13th conference of the European Sociological Association
2017-08-29 – 2017-09-01
On 29 August – 1 September 2017, several INFORM researchers participated in the 13th conference of the European Sociological Association, held in Athens, Greece. The theme of this year’s conference was “(Un)Making Europe: Capitalism, Solidarities, Subjectivities”.
The researchers presented the theoretical insights as well as the empirical findings of the research conducted within the INFORM project framework. The presenters approached the phenomenon of informal practices from diverse aspects and addressing scholars from various subfields of sociology, thus introducing the INFORM project and the ideas it has generated to a large number of European sociologists.
The INFORM researchers gave presentations on the following topics:
- Adnan Efendic, Mirza Mujarić and Nenad Marković "Costs of informal networking in the South-East Europe: an empirical investigation";
- Danijela Gavrilović and Jelena Dinić "The Relationship Between Religiosity and Informal Economic Practices in Southeastern European Societies";
- Miloš Jovanović “Homosexuality in Serbia: Between Formal Acceptance and Informal Rejection”;
- Jelena Dinić “Value Orientations of Scholars from Serbia Living Abroad”;
- Marija Stefanović "Dialects Stigmatization in the Linguistic Market";
- Vjollca Krasniqi and Enriketa Pandelejmoni "Politics and Informality in South Eastern Europe";
- Misha Popovikj, Predrag Cvetičanin and Marija Stefanović "Clientelism in the Age of State Capture: A View on the Western Balkans";
- Predrag Cvetičanin and Nemanja Krstić “Culture of Austerity, Household Survival Strategies and Revival of Mechanical Solidarity”.
Location: Athens, Greece